Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, March 20, 2005

And what I really need, is what makes me bleed.

-Good weekend. I never have until this past month, truely understood the value there is in a rich, comforatable converstation and its effects on my mood and my day.

- I'll sum up the weekend in a few words that will not do it justice to its complexities and denseness. Jammin, sleepin, wakin, skiin, crushin, bruisin, callin, chillin, enrichen, mornin, moutain, eatin, scoutin, skatein, podukin, snowballin, shrimpin, dozin, soccerin, cousilin, seekin, defeatin, alarmin, churchin, adventurin, arena footballin, cake eatin, TP storytellin, actin, boundin, bloggin.

-Add an ' to the end of each of those if you wish. Thats a pretty good summary of my last 5 days.

AND NOW IT'S............................

Philisophical Hour With Jay

-Welcome Ladies and gents to PHWJ. Todays topic is relationships. In my 18 years I've learned that in almost ever case, relationships in high school do not last. Whats the point then you ask? Development I answer. By dating in our youth we learn who we are, what is love, and how better treat that idealistic ever distant final true love spouse of the future. Its incredible, from my experiences and those of my peers, watching a truth I've discovered about young love. How much you put in does not equal how much you get out. It equals how much it hurts when it ends. I've seen people put everything into relationships that are destined not to last (again, nothing wrong with that), and been there to comfort some in those final days when they finally realize that emotional ductape will not saved a doomed relationship and, to extend the metaphore, costs a large portion of thier youth, happiness, and self at the Home Depot that is life. Young love is a beautiful thing, but we really just gotta understand when its time to let go and get on with our lives. To many people will hang on to a Titanic relationship in the name of "love". True love is delicate and difficult and most young couples thinking they are in love have missed it completely. Its unselfish, unlike lust, and requires a complete sacrifice of ones self. Most teens can't handle this, and thats when things turn south. Those that can, often find the wrong person or push thier poker chips on the Texas Hold'em table of life all in when their person sitting across from then is unfortunantly bluffing. I know, its a terrible metaphore with many fallacies but tough; if you gotta problem with it punk you can shove it. Patience in finding the right person is a virtue (Technically and Philospohically its not, but thats a subject for a different PHWJ)

Its a great thing when you think you've found someone that you can share your life with, even if it may have the chance of not ever being permanant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home