Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, January 09, 2006

A bad case of the Whys

- Why is it that true love and real life sometimes won't work together? I'm not talking about how you and your celebrity crush will never be together. I'm talking about those times where it seems to people are made for each other and things seemingly could hardly be better, but the situations life puts them through make it impossible for them to be together. I'm talking about the athelete who never again can play the game they love because a drunk driver put them in a wheelchair for the rest of thier life. I'm talking about the family torn apart by death. The conflict between love and life is the source of all true heartache. Heartache is that seemingly irresovable tension and feeling of being alone, even when surrounded by people that care. Its one of the worst of all pains as very little can cure it beyond being together again with the one you love. Why can't life work out like the fairy tails and chick flicks and bring instant resolution to the things keeping them apart?

- I think as people get older they get better at hiding and ignoring heartache. They accept things as the way they have to be and continue on with their lives unfulfilled. I think I'm destined to be one of these people and it breaks my heart. I can't fight fate and I'd be arrogant to try. These are the things I think about when its quiet. One more week till I head back up to CSU. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home