Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Post Christmas

- Break this year has filled itself out really nicely. I'm filling time with things I want to do but still getting enough down time to not stress out. These next few days are gonna be kind of crazy but I'm at a place these days where I'm not really dreading anything major and I've got a lot to look foward to in the rest of break .

- I just got back today from a trip to Monarch with Kimbre. The trip gave me a chance to meet and hang out with her family. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go initially but I'm really glad I got to. It was kind of an intimidating situation to put myself in. Had her family not liked me it could have been a long four days, but it all worked out well and I ended up having a really good time. The skiing itself was really cold but it fun getting to see a different mountain and the runs were fun despite their shortness.

- I'm happy with her. We work well together without forcing it. I'm excited to see where its gonna go yet at the same time I'm not really worrying to much about it which is the way it should be.

- I've discovered more good music. Jon Foreman of Switchfoot made a solo EP and its really good. Switchfoot was always too poppy for me but on his own Jon puts together some pretty solid lyrics with a nice folky feel and everyone knows I'm a sucker for modern folk rock. Check out 'The Moon is a Magnet' if you feel like giving him chance.

- I can feel myself growing up. Just little things but I'm getting there. The more I step out of my bubble the better my perspective gets on some of the things I focus a lot of energy on that are just kinda stupid. Don't get me wrong, I still want to be a kid and hang on to those things adults just can't appreciate, but I waste a lot of time and stress myself on things adults wouldn't.

- Life's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home