Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, December 10, 2007

A High of 29

- I love new snow. The only other time campus looks more beautiful is at the height of Fall. Not counting the storm we missed over break, the last couple days represented the first big snowfall of the season in FoCo. And it was my favorite kind. It did most of its snowing during the day and the wet nature of the snow itself made it stick to trees and soak the streets turning the roads grey and everything else white from top to bottom. I call it car commercial style snow. You know, the kind you see on fancy Lexus commercials when the car is driving through puffy white flakes as it passes through a quaint little town. Even though it made it really hard for me and Jeff to pick up and move a few desks and tables and stuff from this girl in Greely, it added an extra element of fun to the day. I felt like a kid playing in the snow all afternoon but instead of playing I was scraping ice off car windows and finding creative ways to keep everything dry in the truck bed.

- The snow also made for ideal skiing conditions Sunday. From top to bottom it was a pretty amazing day in Copper but after hanging out on Friday, moving on Saturday, and skiing Sunday didn't leave a lot of time for studying for my final exam this morning. I think I did alright anyway and with the optional cumulative test I took after it to replace my lowest grade, it won't make a difference if I bombed it. I really should be a little more responsible. One of these days I'm going to run out of get out of jail free cards.

- Three more tests and three more days until the semester is over. I'm going to have more free time over break than I'll know what to do with. I'll find something to keep myself busy. I just wish they would have spread a bit more of the month and a half we get off over the actual school year. But I guess thats why I'm not in charge.

- I should be in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home