Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Fever

- So the Rockies are a game away from the World Series. Can you believe that? I remember when I was eight and still a little boy living in Texas when I recieved my first piece of Rockies memoriabilia, an autographed baseball given to me by aunt living in Denver. I also remember going to games shortly after moving here and sitting in Coors field watching the Rockies play as the sun sets just over the mountains in left field. And then I remember years and years of losing and then getting disapointed as they got so hot too late these last couple years. And now they are one game out of the World Series. Its just flat out incredible.

- It's definitely an up in a semester of up and downs. I'm not in a down right now but I've never gone back and forth on a daily basis so often as I have over the last month or so. I have no idea what on earth is going on sometimes and whats most frustrating is I have no way of finding out. Just utterly powerless. I probably know that no news is bad news in this case but even as I write that I can just feel my pride physically reject the thought. And theres always that ever pesky whisper of doubt. No safety net this time though.

- Theres just something about October that messes me up. If I could only learn the value of not forcing a square peg into a round hole and just trusting the plan God has for my life I could save myself a lot of anguish I create over the stupidest things. Relax, Jay, honestly. Theres a lot going right for you right now. Live in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home