Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Figure it Out

- Rocky Votolato has a new CD out. This discovery alone has made my week. Rocky plays the music that touches me on the deepest level. Its almost spiritual everytime I sit down and dig into one of his albums. It gets me excited, pensive, and heartbroken all in one strange sweeping emotion. Unique for sure.

- And good thing too. Anything but Rocky Votolato couldn't really suffice to seranade my weird 2 o' clock rambling. She makes me feel powerless. I suppose that could be a good thing. Its not a feeling I have to deal with often, but part of that is cause I don't lend myself often to things I have no control over. I don't really have a choice here. I'm trying too hard to read between the lines but, to extend the metaphor, the text might as well be in another language. Maybe its her, maybe its the situation, hell maybe its me. I just need to let my guard down and just go with the flow. Easier said than done. Really, there's not much on the table so theres not much to lose and thats what it all really boils down to.

- Good first weekend all around though. I'm glad its getting a little cooler outside. Fall is just around the corner and with it comes hoodie weather, college football, my birthday, and my favorite time of the year when the leaves start changing colors. I'm kind of sad I'm done with the math mods because taking those little late afternoon strolls down a leaf covered Laurel to the spectacular scene of the Oval in autumn became something I looked forward to, even if my rainbow replaced the pot of gold with a math test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home