Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm not packed yet.

- I'm ready to come home. I've had a great summer but right now it seems just about a week too long. I've got to get up in about 7 hours to wake up 65 fifteen year old boys at 6:30AM to have them clean thier filthy bunks and pack enough things to last them the five days we're going to spend in Maine camping in tents. These are the very same boys who take twenty minutes to find their shoes so they can go to dinner. Anybody envy my job right now?

- Its been fun, it has, but right now I'm just tired of adventuring. I've seen all I need to see here and I miss home. I miss my bed with its feather pillows and comforter. I miss having free time every now and then. I miss my family. I miss my friends and being around people my age without feeling like I should be helping out somewhere instead of socializing. I've made incredible friends here, but it just feels like a day off every week or so isn't nearly enough time for me to hang with them like I'd like to. Those precious breaks are all too short. In other words I miss not being responsible for children all day every day and I won't take the freedom I have in my day to day college life for granted anymore.

- I got a look at my final paycheck today and it was depressing how much less it seemed than the work I've put in over the last 2 months. I know its not about the paycheck. If it had been I wouldn't have come out in the first place and the payment I've recieved in life enrichment has been priceless, but that doesn't make this sudden wave of homesickness any easier. The end is in sight and it seems so close but so far away at the same time. I just have to get over the mole hills like tomorrow morning and the trip home and before I know it I'll be back home.

- Oh home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home