Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wait Out the Days

- God's got an unusual but spectacular sense of humor. Not in the Fruedian interpretation of humor (which, that fact alone dismisses psychoanalysis to me) and not even in the "Well, he created platypus haha durrr." No, thats just stupid and I hate it when people say those kinda stupid things. No, it's the little things in my life. The coincidences and happenings that put me in my place on a day to day basis that make me chuckle to myself in their irony.

- The job search has been rocky but hopefully within the next couple days it'll be over. My timing to start said search was poor seeing as it was towards the beggining of Memorial Day weekend and other complicating factors but I think I've done pretty well for myself considering. I might be spending the summer post June 16th in New Hampshire at a summer camp there. I had a phone interview today and she said I was the type they were looking for. This kind of makes me laugh cause when she asked me how my friends would describe me I told her "crazy", which most likely is the honest truth. Don't worry I recovered but that was probably a poor choice in words interviewing for a position working with kids. I'm not 100 percent thrilled with the idea of leaving Colorado for two months but there is a part of me that is real excited about the prospect of a life and resume enhancing adventure. Plus it'd be nice to have a solid 2 grand locked up for playing with kids all day.

- During the particularly slow parts of my days here I've been taking an initiative to have a few adventures of my own. For a little exercise and fresh air I've been hopping on my bike, pointing it in a random dirrection, just following whatever bike path or interesting looking avenue I wanted, and riding until I felt I was about ready to leave town and needed to turn around. Its taken me some interesting places. I've watched an entire office softball game just cause I was there. I gotta say, those men lead pathetic lives as proven by the inpropotional comptetitiveness to skill level ratio they were demonstrating. Yesterday my ride took me down a bike path out of Roland Moore Park to the quietest most peaceful little tree shaded creek I've ever seen. Of course I took the opportunity to nap in my little chi cave and it was spectacular. Today my ride took me to the local graveyard packed with visitors for Memorial day. It had to be the most festive looking I've ever seen a graveyard. I'll have to remember that for Memorial days to come. It was a true American moment and made me happy I live here.

- Other than that suppose I've found my summer niche. The pieces of the puzzle fall into place the way they're meant to I guess and sometimes it really is best just to let things run their course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home