Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Portland is Leaving

Come along with me now
cause there are things I've been dying to tell you
the best of the worst things that you never needed to know
this is the kind of comedy where no one's laughing, cause it's hard to
I'm a punch line who's punch-drunk with my fist in a broken mirror
there's a party nearby
I can hear laughter in the distance and it all comes clear
sounds too simple
love is the only answer
-
- I probably use this thing to plug music a little too often, but this one is worth it. Rocky Votolato, a musician I've known for awhile through one of his songs that I got off a mix is quickly climbing the charts of my favorite music after I took a better look at some of his other songs. His lyrics are good, not great, but man do they sound good when he sings them. Seriously. The lyrics above are from Portland is Leaving. They need to be listened to be appreciated. He could probably read the dictionary while playing and I'd like it. There are few songs that are still too political for me to swallow but I can look past that after listening through Montana a few times. And his unique campfiresk guitar playing relaxes me faster than a hearty dosage of Tylenol PM... in a good way.

- Things are good though. There are too many fun things going on this summer. It makes it hard for me to take seriously a dedicated job search, something I still haven't started. It’s terrible. At least this year I'm not in debt up to my eyeballs and aeration was good to me this season so I'll be ok for a little while. No room for me to become nostalgic though. What I need is a good, hard, slow, boring day to light the fire under my butt. It'll happen soon enough. I'm actually kinda excited to get back to not feeling like such a bum.

- Happy mothers day. I love my mom. A lot. I got lucky. I know everyone thinks their mom is special but mine is special in a one of a kind, she was made to be my mom (or rather I guess I was made to be her son) kinda way. Hopefully some day I can return the favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home