Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Left Right

- I miss these quiet nights at home where I just get to sit around with my family, watch tv, and when they all trickle off to bed I get a chance to discover new music and sit in my thoughts a bit. Damien Rice has a new CD out. It has a few songs that I like and I'm sure the others could grow on me but I don't really feel like giving them a chance. I discovered a guitar player that is better than Trace Bundy in Andy McKee and I itunes purchased a CD from a band that is probably mediocre at best but touches me personally in a way that makes them amazing.

- It's funny how music does that for people. It can bridge the gap between things we don't understand and things we want to say. And as ashamed as I am to admit it I think the itunes store offers one of the most effecient ways of connecting me to new music.

- On another note, I'm so grateful to be where I am it chokes me up. God knows I love my family more than they'll ever know. I'll always be able to plug in here with them and recharge and I hope someday I can return the favor.

- And beyond that I feel like I should be struggling a lot more than I am. I feel like some good things happend to me without me even knowing. Almost as if some grand tragedy skipped right over my life leaving me in one piece and I don't deserve it. I can't explain the feeling but it's humbling. Ok, I'm up later than I told myself I would be.

- Happy Easter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordo said...

hey jay. new music is great. if you still havent heard levi smith. check him out. on his myspace he has a song called "safe and sorry" it is great and also "I'd Like to think so" i am going to try and go see him in concert on th 20th. And Damian Rice. "Elephant, and "animals were gone" he has some really good ones. i listened to them a whole lot on my trip back from spring break. like a lot. and i would try as i could to hit the high notes. :)
have you been playing much guitar?

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home