Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, March 17, 2007

WP 07

- Its amazing how fun trips down memory lane can be. Me, Austin, John, Jessie, and Jana hopped in the car for a spur of the moment road trip to Woodland Park Colorado just outside the Springs to see Doug Jones, do a little rock climbing and just hang out. Its funny how vividly I can remember the week I spent there two summers ago. Kate and Kayleen, two girls I've seen maybe once since then met up with us and a combination of them and other old sites and sounds really brought me back. Traditions such as the Loaf n' Jug chant and Team America were born there. Stories and memories from that trip are gonna stay with me forever along with the magic that was the summer before college.

- The trip also showed me how sometimes life just isn't fair. Doug's going through some hard times and I couldn't think of a person that deserves troubles less than him. Nobody could possibly not like the guy and with how incredibly selfless he his, its amazing that he can't catch a break. But what is even more amazing is how incredibly positive he stays through the whole thing. Patience like that is enviable. And then talking with Jana on the car ride back about some family trouble she's having really helps me put how good I have things into perspective. Bad things happen to people that don't deserve it and often don't happen to the people that do. I guess that's just a lesson of life. You have to learn to roll with the punches and take things in stride.

- Ehh. There you go. I'll leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home