Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Power of Knocking on Wood

- Ahh, my blogging chair. This blue lazy boy and I have had some good times over the years. Yes, I'm home. Again. My scattered plans fell through for tonight and I decided that since driving at night has always been more enjoyable for me, traffic and otherwise, that I'd just make an early weekend out of it and head back seeing as I need to do some aerting tomorrow anyway. Really, the drive was just half of it. I love being here and being lonely is hard when you're surrounded by 6 other people all buzzing about doing their own things.

- I found my old Fountains of Wayne CD a couple days ago and I've been listening to it a little here and there. Yes, thats the group that did the Stacy's Mom song, something I've always resented them for, but their other music was never really that bad. It was unique if nothing else. As I listened to it, I realized I really had outgrown it, but half the appeal was the history of the CD itself. I got it for either my 16th or 17th birthday from a girl I liked and was unofficially involved with, but thats another long and uninteresting story. My mind wandered through the CD and a number of other things loosely related and in retrospect though it was a good perspective check. I'm not sure exactly what I mean by that but it was one of those moments where you can force yourself to check yourself and take a minute or two and just think things through. I can get carried away really easy making moments like these more valuable to me than to most people.

- Its almost Summer. Crazy. Really, really crazy. The thought just hit me. Bring it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home