Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Summertime

- When I imagined this summer this wasn' it. Thats a good thing I guess. I'm of the breed of people who deals with potentially hard/boring/undesirable situations by imagining the worst possible scenario in a situation and comparing it to what actually happens. I always assumed that this was bad but was relieved to hear in my classes that psychologically this approach is actually just as effective as optimism. Hmm. Thats probably only interesting to me so I'll move on.

- Anyway, its been an interesting summer. I've sat on the roof of one of the nicest houses I've ever been in in the mountains near Golden and played guitar and joked around with old priceless friends, I've spent quality time with my family and watched my sister finish up her highschool career, I drove halfway across the city just to play volleyball and barbeque with college friends and loved every minute of it despite painful gas prices, I've spent several hours shooting the breeze with new friends despite my intentions to collect a hoodie I left at their apartment and be on my way, and I've spent an entire day without leaving my room or changing once. All over the course of about a week and a half. A lot more to come too. Nothing to really complain about. It feels like the summer of my senior year of high school with more substance. I could really use another trip to the Oregon beach too. I should find a way to shoot my grandma a note about that.

- I'm slowly starting to realize that I have a lot of life left to live.

- PS, side note. In the middle of writing all this, roughly 11:20 at night I heard the doorbell ring. It was a cop. Cliff and Stephen pranked my yard, and my neighbors called the cops on them. The cop tried to see if I knew them and could give her a description so they could catch them. I told I have no idea who did it and she was kinda peeved. Moral of the story, they owe me one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home