Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Friday, June 01, 2007

No Hardcore Dancing in the Living Room

- Well, I got the job. Both of them, the shifty sales job and the camp job. Obviously as soon as I learned I got the camp job I called up Vector Marketing to take their explotative position and shove it, though I used less abrasive terminology.

- The idea of spending two months in New Hampshire, on the other hand, terrifies and excites me at the same time. I have a feeling its gonna be a blast and the extra money will be nice but of course as I sit and think about it little shots of terror and uncertainty make their way in. Most of them are centered around how I'm going to get myself and the things I'll need to the camp in the first place and in one piece. I'll be on my own navigating my way through a part of the country more or less foreign to me and stranding myself in a mountain range there devoid of cell phone service. Its just a wee bit intimidating. I'm not complaining though. This is the ideal job for me and it more or less takes a confusing vauge summer and gives it a solid game plan with unlimited potential.

- It also means I've got rough 2 weeks before I leave to live it up in Colorado. I got an early start tonight at a spur of the moment Showbread show with Britt. I'm not a big fan of the Marquis theater's set up but it was fun nonetheless. Showbread was good. They used more gimicks in the way of lights and confetti and smoke that I've seen a band use in long time but it was fun. The band before them was suprisingly really good too. They were heavy metal and when I say they were heavy metal, I mean HEAVY METAL. Long hair, deep growling voices, thick southern accents; it seemed like something straight out of the 90s. I'm not really a metal fan but for whatever reason I really really liked them. I guess I was just in the mood. All four bands were Christian bands too which was a unique experience. Showbread even collected for a missions trip to Brazil. Not something you usually encounter from a post-hardcore show.

- Tonight also reinforced how much I hate scene kids. There were two in particular with thier tight tight jeans, mating plumage haircuts, and goofy 16 year old starving ethiopian bodies that decided to hardcore dance to every song and jump off each others back into the mosh. I got my revenge though when one jumped right onto my shoulder. Lets just say he didn't try it twice. If nothing else it was entertaining watching the crowd get more and more annoyed with them.

- Couple more days here in Denver depending on a number of things. I'm spending a fortune in gas this summer so if nothing else New Hampshire will be a nice break from that. Here goes nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home