Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sunshine

- So another week is in the books and the school year's in full swing. The weather's been hot which has its perks. I can't remember the last time I wore shoes instead of my hawaiian flip flops. Still I'm ready for hoodie weather. There's just something about the feeling of a warm sweatshirt on a cold day that is safe and comforatable.

- The week itself was fairly thick. I'm glad that I have tomorrow off because Mondays are my longest day and last Monday was kinda tough to get through.

- The weekend was a good time though. We lost to CU in a heartbreaker which really sucked but the social part of the game before, during, and after was the most fun I've had so far this year. After the game we drove to Morrison, CO where Red Rocks is to check on Jeff's car which got locked in a local school during a concert there Friday night. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing and we didn't end up getting the car back yet but the trip reminded me of how beautiful Colorado is and renewed my desire to explore a bit. I also got to burn Atmosphere's new EP from Dustin's friend we picked up in Morrison. I had one of those life is beautiful moments this morning thanks to that EP. I had just stopped at a gas station and picked up a raspberry slush. (Which, by the way, stained my mouth and probably my intestines with a pleasant dark blue for the rest of the day.) I was sucking that puppy down, windows open, getting hugged by the sunshine and breeze. I popped in the CD and listened to the first track, Sunshine which talked about a guy recovering from a hangover who stepped outside and was so overwhelmed by the beautiful day that he forgot how hung over he was. I wasn't hung over or anything but I knew how he was feeling. I reclined my seat and slowed down my driving a bit and just took the moment to enjoy the fact that I'm alive.

- My iTunes tonight must be on awesome music only mode because this is the tenth or so good song in a row its played.

- The next two weeks or so are promising to be interesting. Probably fairly academically difficult but I have quite a few opportunities in front of me. Its going to be fun seeing how they develope.

When the time is right
I swear my day will come
The sweetest storm will come through this town and carry us out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home