Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Writing About Writing

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin

- If I could choose anyone to spend to a day with just talking about life, hands down it would be Bill Watterson author of Calvin and Hobbes. I think he is one of the greatest thinkers of our day and one of the most insightful philosophers of all time. He is a guy that has things figured out.

- When I first rediscovered this quote it just blew me away. Writing is nothing nobler than a way to meticulously vocalize rationalized thoughts with implicit ulterior motives. I guess taking this thought in mind I should attach a disclaimer to everything I write in here; don't take any of it seriously. I'm full of crap.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

"Writing is a cop-out. An excuse to live perpetually in fantasy land, where you can create, direct and watch the products of your own head. Very selfish."
Monica Dickens

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home