Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The April Blahs

- I'm burnt out on school. This semester has flown by and dragged by at the same time. College is great but right now I'm at a point where I just can't wait to graduate. There are times between work, school, research and everything else that I feel like I'm working full time for an income that can't even come close to supporting a survivable lifestyle. I see friends of mine who didn't go to school that are making a great living compared to me, even if not compared to college graduates. I know in the long term my degree is going to net me much more than had I gone straight to the work force, but there are times where I feel humiliated that I can't support myself and instead place a financial burden on my parents. It sucks given the amount of work that I do over the course of a week that I can't live that the grown up that I'm becoming. Its kind of funny that this whiney little rant comes a time where I've got more spending money and excess cash than I have in awhile. It helps that I'm becoming a little more grown up with my spending habits.

- I think a big source of my frustration is from boredom. I need a class that will just kick my butt while keeping me interested at the same time to get me excited about learning again. Right now every class I have but my Sensation and Perception class is nothing more than things I already know repackaged and returned to me with in the form of 'buzz' definitions and overly ornate buisness theories that explain chunks of general common sense.

- Its all okay though. In less than a month I'll be done with class and will start a summer that will be packed with good times and endless opportunities. I'm mentally tired. I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home