Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 10, 2008

In my time

- Its been a hell of a week. I've been up to my eyes in work and there were times where I felt like just nothing could go right for me and that I couldn't buy a break, but its nothing I can't handle and somehow I got everything taken care of that I needed to.

- One of those things was finding time to talk to my academic advisor about where I was as far as being ready for graduation. When I sat down in her office, the first thing she did was cock her head to the side and ask me, "So... you've been going here 3 years and you've never met with an advisor?" That scared me as you can probably imagine. Luckily her suprise was at how I was sitting in front of her with 112 credits filling all my prereqs on my own without someone telling me how I needed to do it. It was pretty exciting to hear that I'm a semester's worth of coursework away from graduating. It really hit me today that my purpose of being here was to work towards getting something that I should be proud to have; a college degree. Not everyone can say that and in this day and age it really is an acomplishment.

- I'm not scared of or dreading my future like I used to. I'm starting to realize how many opportunities I have to take my enjoyment of life I've found in school into a future thats as open as I let it be. I'm still not sure where I'll end up in five years, but instead of being blind to the thought, I'm starting to make out blury shapes.

- A lot can happen in a year. My life, if nothing else, is an example of how true that is. I've got everything and nothing to lose at the same time. Whatever happens though, I'll be ok.

- Time to let Ryan Adam's sing me to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home