Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coming up next...

- I love jazz music. I was on my mail route the other day. It was beautiful outside so I rolled down the windows, slowed down a bit, and tuned the van's radio onto one of my favorite stations 89.3 KUVO. Its a commercial free jazz station that really knows its stuff. I turned it on just in time for one of my favorite Dizzy Gillespie tunes, followed by some floutist I'd never heard of and a Coltrane tune before the DJ cut in. I love jazz music, I do, but one of the main reasons why I listen to the station is for the DJs. They're so stereotypical but really good at describing the music. In a velvety voice he started a long jive of carefully constructed words that almost had a muscial quality of their own. He described the song coming up as "a tasty trounce through the mind and world of the great one, the late one, Miles Davis". And God help me he was right. There was no other word to describe the song but tasty. I just melted into the music and it made my day. I wish I could be that cool, I really do. Just the way he talks driped of cool, calm, and hip without coming across as cheesy.

- I don't think many people appreciate a good jazz DJ as much as me. Thats too bad. Listen to KUVO. Unless its during one of their pledge drives. Those suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home