Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, February 04, 2008

---------------------
Let You Through
Dan Gonzalez
---------------------
I wore my skin
Like shoes
Crusted and cracked by the blacktop
Scratched up from years of abuse
And wearing thin
In the grooves where the water beads and drops
I never let you through
-
You wore your eyes
Like stained glass
Brilliant and blind from the sun
Filled in with colors to last
But showing signs
Of fading hues where the blues and greens used to run
You let me see right through
-
Into the rooms of your soul where I unpacked my clothes
And moved in
And I left through your eyes again
When you asked me to sit down and tell you what I had to give
-
I wear my skin
Like chains
Loosened and hanging off my bones
Heavy and dripping with age
And what might have been
If I knew how it feels to grow old alone
I wish I’d let you through
-
- Beautiful song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home