Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, June 09, 2008

Cooperstown Shoo-in

- Baseball, nay sports great, Ken Griffey Jr. hit his 600th homerun today. He did it without steriods. He did it without complaining. He did it without showboating. He did it on a salary that was lower than he could have gotten had he played for an east coast giant. He did it with his dad. He did it for the love of the game, for the love of his city, for the love of his family. I'm proud to say I got to see him hit one of them in his hometown in his home ball park, though not the big one. Thats pretty cool. If you can't tell Griffey's my favorite athlete of all time. I remember watching him play as a young kid. I remember saving up my money for months so I could buy Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for supernintendo. And I can't remember ever losing respect for him. He's the prototypical example of what an athlete and a man should be. I know he'll never see this little love letter I wrote, but congratulations. I hope you keep playing and hitting them out of the park for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home