Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, May 19, 2008

Francis improves to 1-4

- Summer's here. And its hot. Like really hot. Jeans were a poor choice for work today. I learned my lesson though. It would have been nice if they had the insight to close the doors and turn on the air conditioning earlier than with five minutes left to 4. Its good though. Today was the first shift longer than 4 hours, not counting camp, that I've worked since high school and it went pretty well. I like my job and it goes by pretty quick since I stay busy during the chunk of my day that would probably be given to sleep and maybe a bike ride or two if I wasn't working. The money is going to be nice too. Its fun that I can buy most things that I want and I still have cash left over. It seems that these days there are less material things that I actually want in the first place and my impulsive spending habits of high school have given way to responsible spending.

- In other news we have a cat now. We've actually had him for a couple weeks now. He followed Kimbre and Chrissy home and they were having trouble finding a place for him so we ended up taking him. We named him Tulo after injured Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. He can be a handful at times but overall its really rewarding having a pet. I'm training him to kill.

- Things with Kimbre are good. We had some problems over a pretty petty miscommunication this weekend which made the start a little rocky but after we were done freaking each other out and realized how stupid the whole thing was we ended up having a really great weekend together. It was the kind of weekend that lingers in your mind even after its over. At the Rockies game Sunday with her, Jeff, and Chrissy, I had one of the moments that come ever now and then where you just sit there and soak up how good life is. The Rockies were winning, it was a beautiful summer afternoon, we were behind home plate but high enough that we were also in the shade and having no classwork to worry about was the cherry on top. Kimbre and I are coming up on half a year soon. Crazy how the time can fly.

- A few more days of work then I get a week off to really start this summer off right. I'm excited. I really am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home