Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, August 06, 2005

I'm Frustratingly Stubborn

- So today was supposed to be the skydiving day but, as I learned, plans need to be flexible because they fell through. I called to get dirrections to the airport with every intention of going and my stomach must have fallen out of my stomach in disapointment when the man on the other end informed me that winds were too strong for a jump today. Too strong? Today was gorgeous! Does they get any better than this? Blue skys and, at least in Denver, nothing but a light breeze. Oh well. Thankfully Tyler is available on Monday as well so we reschedualed. Maybe it was not ment to be today anyway cuz this way my dad can go too as was his desire. That is if hes decides its worth the money.

- So, instead, I took a day to myself. Almost self-indulgence if you will. Kristen's back in Cincinnati and for whatever reason she was having a breakdown today, not that I blame her. Getting all this college stuff taken care of is pretty taxing on my composure as well. Anyway, I got one of those feel good feelings by cheering her up which in turn, rather cheered me up from the stress of having to deal with the poor skydiving customer service.

- After that I took off to buy some hoodies and winter clothes to take up with me to CSU. I may have looked like a loser shopping alone in the mall but really thats the way I prefer it. I never buy a lot or shop long but theres something about buying new clothes that clears my mind. Really, I'm not as girly as it sounds. Its really more the time by myself out of my house that provides the experience. I could be doing anything from taking a walk to messing around at Guitar Center and I'd get the same effect.

- Later after dinner my dad and I headed over to Eaglecrest and played some tennis with the Ingrams. I was serving really well which made me happy. Its frustrating hitting balls in the net or too far and getting some hard ones in consistently is important for my fragile ego and selfconfidence. The sunset was pretty cool too and for whatever reason they are very visable from the Eaglecrest tennis courts. Man, I love sunsets. Maybe a little too much.

- Tomorrow's my last week at church until whenever I visit home again. I'm going to be in Oregon the week after and I go up to school the week after that. My week next week is pretty crazy too. No rest for the weary as they say. Skydiving Monday, the praiseband has a concert Tuesday night getting back on Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday night volenteering for Christian youth day preparation and then Christian youth day itself is on Thursday. I leave Friday for Oregon than get back to leave again for college. Ahh college. That mysterious frontier of void emptyness to be discovered by Jay: Stage 3.

- Hangin on for dear life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home