Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Less Than a Month

- So its almost one and in the morning and I realized that I haven't updated in a week and thats kinda bumming me out because I was expecting this to be one of my only weeks off this entire summer. But no. Its SUPRISE!!! FAMILY VACATION!!! So what time better than right now. I've got nothing else to do but sleep and this summer has taught me that thats the first thing to go when time gets in a crunch.

-Either Saturday or Sunday night (I can't remember, thats why I need this journal to keep me from forgetting things) I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Jon, Jordan, Courtney, Michaela, and Jons friend who I can't ever seem to remember his name despite the fact that I spent all of New Years Eve with him. Hes a cool guy. In short, I loved it. It brought me back to my earlier childhood when the book sparked me imagination and showed me the joys of reading, a passion that, though it hasn't really stuck, has left and incredible mark of happy memories on my life.

- Monday, my entire family went up to Ponderosa where my mom was taking pictures for the camp. It made me look foward to camp a heck of a lot. I love it. I can't wait. Its almost snuck up on me how quickly the summer is going.

- We got back Tuesday afternoon and left Wednesday morning for Glenwood Springs. Though family tensions were difficult, the trip was still a success. We went hiking up to a beautiful lake with an emerald bottom. I sprained my ankle again on the way down after jumping off a rock and landing poorly. Its now about the size of a tennis ball. I'm bankin on a complete recovery by Monday for SS. We also rode a 16.2 mile bike path through the canyon and capped the trip off with a little Whitewater rafting.

- We were home by 3 on Friday and I went and played a competitive but successful game of Risk with Tyler, Cole, Cliff, Jordan, Jared, and Austin. Thats the readers digest version of the last week.

- Camps comming, then Kristen's comming, then skydiving (if I'm able to get it set up), then Oregon, then school starts. Man, life moves quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home