Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Phoenix is a Smell?

- I'm feelin good. Got money in the bank, gift certificites to spend, good friends, and overall, things are under control. Been keepin in touch with Kristen. It makes havin her gone not as bad being able to talk to her at least once a day. I'm not even a phone person but I'll make exceptions. I don't like phone conversations because you gotta talk so much that sometimes they become forced. I always feel like I have a lot to say to her so I guess thats why its not such a problem. She'll get to Cincinnati tomorrow after they blow through Graceland. You gotta be quite an Elvis fan to make such a drastic detour that forces you to drive through the Texan panhandle and spend a night in one of the worst cities on the face of the earth, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

- It helps to stay busy too. I nearly beat my dad in raquetball this morning. I got him all the way to deuce but I blew it. Its ok. I'm about as good as him now. I'll beat him next time. Thats a cool feeling. I feel acomplished. Bring on the college competition. I plan on ruling those courts at the CSU rec center which I found out, is right next to my dorm. Good news.

- Got about another 10 thank you notes done. Graduation has been good to me. I even opened a bank acount and got my first Debit card. Its more money than I've had in a long time. I'm almost tempted to upgrade guitars but thats probably financially irresponsible. Should probably save that money for college. Besides, theres nothing wrong with mine. Maybe I'll go to Guitar Center tomorrow just for fun. If something catches my eye, maybe I'll consider indulging.

- After that I went over to Tims house and I played a good game of Risk with him, Scott, and Chris all afternoon. I won cuz I'm the man. Those guys are a bunch of fun. I've never laughed so much in my life. Came home and moozled around a bit again before the four of us minus Chris met up with Mitch, Nadie, and Lauren at the bowling alley. That was cool. I was bowling well the first game but it all went downhill from there. Mitch, being a junior, had to go home around 10ish for school the next day so I called it an early night with him. Probably good I did too. I'm tired.

- Garage sale prep starts tomorrow. Its gonna be a lot of work but it won't be too bad. Even doing that mundane labor is fun because its with good company. Besides, its always fun to sort through the trash piles looking for treasures. Maybe I'll find some cat slippers that don't smell like death. We'll see. This is gonna be the best summer of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Guitar Center is a scary, scary place for people like you...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home