Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What Happens in a Week

- Another week and I still haven't updated. I'm gonna reget it because its stuff I wanna remember, but I've been so dadgum busy.

- Most of my time was spent, admitidly, with Kristen. I still spent time with the friends but seeing as I had so little time until she had to leave for Cincinnati, I took liscenses and spent a lot more with her than I would normally spend with a girl. We went to Elitches on Thursday. It was a lot of fun. We hit nearly ever ride in the park.

- Friday I graduated. I thought it was going to be terrible and smaltzy, but it was actually really cool. It was a rush walking up and recieving my diploma and realizing that I, Jay Hardy, am no longer in high school. Its fun getting handshakes and hugs from my favorite teachers and chilling with my friends before hand. Quite an experience. Graduation parties followed and those were ok. I'm sick of explaining my college choice and major though. I'm thinkin about making buisness cards with a paragraph about what my future plans are and handing them to those that ask. I also decided to chop off my hair. I'm glad I did it. Long hair is fun but right now I think that my chemo-cut as I call it is a lot more of a viable and reasonable option. Easier to take care of and I can wear hats again. I love hats. They make me happy.

- Saturday hearlded more graduation parties including mine. I got quite a haul with some pretty cool stuff. I'm not lookin foward to my 40 thank you notes I've got ahead of me. The Igo's gift was my favorite. They got me a Chipotle gift card which, I decided, is more valuable than money because I can spend it on my favorite food in the entire world without feeling guilty at how much I'm wasting.

- Sunday was cool too. Its amazing the kind of peace I can find at church. Its like a support blanket for me. I was almost even kinda dissapointed that we didn't have any evening activities. I'm gonna miss these people.

- Monday was my last full day with Kristen. I spent the whole day with her packing and going out to eat and meeting with all of her friends shes leaving behind and hangin out with her family and going to final graduation parties. Her brother Ryan made my day when he gave me a hug and told me he liked me. For those that don't know Ryan, he has downsyndrome and is the sweetest kid you'll ever meet. I'm gonna miss that guy.

- The other shoe finally dropped this morning when Kristen and her grandpa loaded up her Jetta and took off for Graceland and then Cincinnati. It was hard. I'm not gonna lie. I know it isn't the last time I'm ever gonna see her, but that doesn't make it any easier. Her mom took me out to IHOP afterwords and that was really nice. It helped me gather myself and my thoughts. She also made me a batch of cookies. I swear, Mrs. Fenwick is the sweetest lady I've ever met in my life. She was more blubbery than I was. She kept tellin me how she was gonna miss me as much as Kristen was. Sigh. Gods teachin me something. I'm gonna learn something. Still waiting to find out what.

- Its time to switch my focus to Mission Trip. I'm gonna take the day to myself however. I took Jenna to Target and I'm gonna just spend the rest of the day relaxing, reflecting, and renergizing. I'll probably update more. I need to. These are the best days of my life. Its important I write em down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home