Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

End of School to Prom

- Wow. Its nearly been a week since I've last posted. Theres so much going on. Its crazy. I've been meaning to post but since school got out I haven't had a moments rest. Well, here I go.

- Wednesday was the last day of school. It was a long one at that. I got everything taken care of and turned in the last assignement of my k-12 career. THAT is a good feeling. Its fun that all the underclassmen still have school because it just enhances my understanding of being happy that I'm out.

- Senior day was on Thursday but I missed it because I slept through it. I wish so bad I could have gone. All my friends had such a good time. Even the ones who, like myself, just assumed it would be stupid. Everyone got burnt like lobsters though so I guess I'm ok with missing that part.

- Friday was the official end to high school as the graduation ceremony is just that, a ceremony. I've got the little thing sitting in front of me right now telling me I'm done forever. No matter how many times I say that it still won't sink in. I went with Matt, Scott, and Tim to Star Wars after that and only when I got there realized it wasn't just the four of us. It was like a middle school reunion for me as almost all of my middle school friends were there. About 30 people in total. We filled up half the movie theater and we were all talking and yelling and intermingling. I felt bad for the other patrons that had to put up with our schenangins. It was so much fun though. I forgot how much I missed all them. For whatever reason, once we hit high school, we went our own separate ways. Good times were had by all. I headed home after that and got a phone call from Jordan. Took off to Brandons house for a couple hours of chilling before I once again had to come home so my parents could go out to dinner with the Ingrams while I watched the little sisters. After that, in line with whats turning into a daily ritual, I went over to Kristens house and watched some more Alias. We officially watched all of season one and are a good chunk into season two. Really, all it is is a cleaver excuse to spend time with before she leaves here in less than two weeks.

- Saturday was dominated by prom. I spent the morning fine tuning the details such as my outfit, reservations, picture times and the like. Jessie went to prom this year too. She was going with Chris, a guy from my soccer team way back in 5th gradish. She looked stunning. The blue dress really acentuated her skin tone, whatever that means. Hey, I know what it means. My little sister is all grown up and going to prom. It brings a tear to my eye. Shes gonna have a fun time as an upperclassmen these next couple years. Shes figured out the trick to high school a lot earlier than I did and she'll be better off for it.

- After all her pictures got taken and her limo was a speck in the distance my family loaded up and headed to Kristen's house for pictures. I'm not a picture kinda guy. I don't like em. I always look wierd in them because I always feel wierd in them. It was ok however, because I wasn't so focused on myself as I was on Kristen. She looked gorgeous. The dress must have been made for her because she looked spectacular. Her makeup and hair and everything was perfect. But for a girl that looks so good, she sure is a lot of fun to be around. We went to Josephina's in Larimer in downtown and had a good dinner there. It was a little awkward when a group of 12 or so of our classmates came in and sat at a table near ours. Turns out she had said no to two of them that had asked her out. Kinda made me feel special in a mean jerky kinda way that she'd give me a chance but that didn't make sitting near them any less guilty.

- I'm kinda running outta steam in writing this post so details are beggining to get a little less numerous. Sorry. I'll fix it some other time when I'm not about to pass out.

- Prom itself was incredible. I not much of a dance person myself but it was so much fun. I can't wait until pictures get here. I bet they are gonna turn out real nice. Afterprom was fun too. Not as great as the rest of the night because it was a touch overcrowded but fun nonetheless. I stumbled in the doorway between 4 and 5 in the morning giddy but exauhsted. Mom woke me up and dragged me out of bed two hours later to church which even though I was tired and wasn't planning on going, was good for me. It was relaxing in its own way.

- This weeks going to be good as well. Probably about as busy as last week. Staying busy is good. I enjoy business. Right now, however, I need a nap before I die.

Much love Ya'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home