Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, May 12, 2005

No time to be sick

- So, Tuesday, while jetskiing I notice myself getting a little raspy. I didn't think anything of it but before you know it, by the end of the night, I had developed a full blown cold. This is that terrible kinda cold that keeps you awake all night and thats exactly what it did. I'm on massive sleep deprivation right now but I don't think I'm not gonna feel it for another couple of hours. Two nights in a row of tossing and turning and not being able to breath. It sucks.

- The full blunt of my "disease" struck me yesterday at the senior awards ceremony. It was three hours long and the awards I recieved were fairly mediocre. I was sitting there listen to long speaches about the "Renaissance students" not being able to breath and needing to get up and move around to get the juices flowing. Also I got to look like an idiot cuz when they called my name for my first awards, I misunderstood the instructions and was still sitting in my seat. I had to make my way by 20 knees amist the chuckles of the full audtiorium. At least I wasn't alone. Two other students made the same mistake I did. I'm just glad I wasn't the first. Ed's never gonna live that down. It also made me happy because the consolation award in addition to the other one I won was one step above Tim's. It made me laugh that the virtue Mrs. Richards assigned to him for his Distinguished Scholar award was the virtue of wit. That pretty much means she thinks hes a jack off. Every one else's was something nice like Courage and Warmth and Support. It fits him well though. Everyone there knew it.

- So due to a suprise dentist appointment Kingdom of Heaven is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Its ok. In fact, it worked out really well. It's Ryan's birthday today and I was invited to go to dinner with the Fenwicks to celebrate and the postponing of the movie means I get to do both. Its fun having enough to do that I have to be flexible. It makes me feel important. Thursdays used to be a homebody day for me.

- You know the feeling when something you really wanted is working out exactly the way you wanted? Isn't it uncanny? Its like I don't know what to do with myself. I also find it uncanny that the most innocent are able to be the most honest people amoung us. A lil' bit of truth never hurt anyone. Just makes the dishonest nervous. Thats my philosophical discovery for this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home