Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summertime

- This is one of the best summers I've ever had. It just feels right. I took the rest of the weekend off after mission trip to rest and relax and things just set themselves back to normal by Monday morning.

- I really can't explain the joy of sleeping in, and I mean sleeping in after a week of no sleep. I woke up 10 o clock monday morning (not to late) rested and rejuvinated and ready to go. I talked to Kristen a lil bit and finalized some of the plans for my visit to Cincinnatii early July. I also did a lil research into the skydiving adventure me, Tyler, Jordan, and Austin are trying to work out for later this summer. I got affordable quotes which made me happy because thats one thing that I really want to do this summer. The way I see it, now is gonna be one of my best opportunites to get this item crossed off my list of things to do before I die and if I put it off, chances are it won't get done.

- Later in the morning Cliff called me up and me him and Stephen went to the pool for awhile. It was a hot day so it felt good. Hunger set in and we took off to Chipotle and then to Cliff's house to watch a movie and let the food in our stomachs settle. That's like an ideal activity list for a lazy summer afternoon for me. After the movie we went to the park and played a little basketball. Like an idiot I figured I'd be ok to play barefoot and now I've got a quarter sized blister on each of my big toes. Ouch. I hate blisters. Shortly after I got home from all those fun and games I went bowling with Courtney, Jordan, Tyler, Jacinda, and Jenny B. Driving down there was a trip in itself. The sky's were gorgeous. Probably one of the most spectacular sunsets I've ever seen. It was like there was a slot under the cloudy overcast that the sun slipped through lighting up all the bottom sides of the clouds making a picture with colors that no painting could ever capture. I was in awe. Its these little gifts in life that just make me sit in awe at how great God is to me. Bowling itself was a good time too. I was doin ok, not spectacular with scores of 113, 124, and 131. Thats about 20 below average but thats ok with me. It was good enough to not make me upset with myself. We all came back to my house a little bit later to watch King Athur I went to bed a little after 2 in the morning. Overall, it was an ideal summer day. Good people, good weather, good fun. I'm gonna miss this when I head off to college.

- Today wasn't so shabby either. This gorgeous weather is just lingering. After sleepin in again I got a call from Kyer Photography telling me that they were finished with the portrait that Mrs. Fenwick ordered for me. So I hopped in the car, rolled down the windows, turned on Taking Back Sunday and took a mini road trip to Parker. The street that the photography store was on was gorgeous. It looked old and touristy and had all these little white things falling off the trees. One little thing that made me laugh was one of the salons on the street was called the Me Me Me Salon. Anyway, I got there and they gave me the picture that looked incredible. She looked beautiful. I feel bad because I didn't know what her mom was offering me when she asked me if I wanted another senior picture of Kristen. It was professional and looked very expensive. Her mom's always indulging me. I feel so spoiled. I had lunch and drove back home and plan to sleep away the rest of the afternoon. Life is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home