Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Campin Out

- Life goes on and college is getting closer. I'm getting more and more prepared as the actual date for my departure approaches.

- Its been a fun couple of days since Mission Trip. Normally my summer would hit a boring lull about this time of year but this time around its been different. This last weekend me, Jared, Cliff and Stephen went camping. It was a blast. None of the other three can drive a manual transmition so I got the privilage of driving Cliff's dad's Jeep back and forth and on all of our four wheeling excursions. I love that car. There was only one little path that was about a 50 degree slope covered in Boulders that it couldn't handle. We went up to Estes park and the weather we got was absolutly perfect. There was no wind, it was maybe 65 degrees at midnight, there was no rain, and best of all there was no clouds. My favorite part of camping with the exception of the fire is the stars and in the hidden spot where we were parked, they were out if full force. There was even a lighting storm on the horizon to make things even prettier. After a comforatable nights stay in the rugged outdoors we did a little four wheeling and parked it next to this stream in a little narrow canyon. THAT was so much fun. It was a mountain stream so it was icy cold and clear and would trickle down in about a sieres of 12 or so waterfalls. A little rock climbing never hurt anybody. Well, at least it didn't hurt me and Stephen as we followed it all the way to the top. We were rewarded for our resilancy. There was like a little lake with a 10 foot water fall. Standing under that icy waterfall you couldn't help but feel alive. It was exhilerating.

- Got home late afternoon Saturday exahusted but content. I even worked in a little quality time with moms watchin Airplane. It was a really crappy movie when I watched it but it sunk in and I'm still chuckling over some of the jokes. It was one of those stupid movies with stupid jokes that was really enjoyable.

- Today was the first official Jay Day thanks to Courtney. That made me happy. How could I not be. She gave me a fanny pack. Fanny packs are a fetish of mine. Well, maybe fetish is not the right word. They just make happy for a reason I can't explain. She announced it was Jay Day before she gave her testimony (which was really good btw Courtney) and the entire rest of the day I had people commin up to me tellin me happy Jay Day. I think everyone needs a day to just feel special, even if its for no reason at all and was really just a continuation of an old joke.

- Orientation is tomorrow. I'm lookin foward to it. Its gonna be a lot of fun. At least I hope. Hey, if its not, its only a night.

And thats the play by play of my last couple days. I know, ya'll probably don't care but just writin down the good times so I can reflect when things get tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home