Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Peace of a Road Unseen

- Those who know me real well know that I'm not a person that is prone to bad moods. Thats not to say that I don't get them, I just find that they don't usually have a dramatic effect on my interactions with others, maybe my family being exluded from "others". Yet right now I find myself in a bad mood. Not an, I'm angry at the world bad mood, but more of a combination of hurt, disapointment, frustration, and fear. Can I honestly tell myself that I would be aware if there was a situation in my life begging for change that I'd have the guts to do it? Probably not. I hate that. I hate the fact that hindsight is 20/20. All that means is that my present is riddled with problems and mistakes that won't fully dawn on me until later in life. I'm just not sure. I wish I could take a hint. Things are definantly easier said than done.

- Its 4 in the morning. I just got back from a "gig" in Craig, Colorado along with about 9 total hours on the road so I probably should credit my current mood to sheer exhaustion, but honestly, I'm awake enough that I can't go to sleep and instead find myself posting here.

- About the trip. It was fantastic. Not in a "man that was sooo much fun" kind of fantastic but in a rewarding, I acomplished something very productive with my time kind of fantastic. Craig, Colorado is about 40 past Steamboat Springs which is, itself, 4 hours away from home. Thats more traveling time than we take for most mission trips. The setup was at the church Jeremy Dorr is serving at and it started at 6:30 and lasted until around 9ish I bieleve. They had about 70 total kids that they accumulated from 3 local churches and we split them up into 4 teams and played games and relays and the such for a bit. These were some of the most open and willing youth I've ever encountered. It was like a breath of fresh air seeing God's obvious presence in these kids (I'm a kid as well) and the attitude carried over into worship. We played for the last time as a praise band and we preformed about 14 songs before Jordan's A string broke and we ended it to allow Bill to get up and speak. 6 kids of the group accepted Christ this night and all of a sudden the incredibly long road trip was worth it. We had a purpose to be in Craig tonight. It had God written all over it.

- The original plan was to spend the night at the church there and then come back the following day but those plans fell through so instead we all loaded up in the van again for a red eye midnight 4 and a half hour drive home. It was exhausting, but for a strange reason, very refreshing. The peace of the middle of the night allowed me time to myself and my thoughts which was very theraputic. I considered my summer, my past, and my future and it helped me come to grips with a lot of things.

- There's a knot in my stomach that needs to go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home