Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Friday, November 24, 2006

I Still Bleed Burnt Orange

- Next year. The eternal cry of the sports fan. Texas just lost to A&M effectively ending their season. Nothing is going right for me this second half of the football year. CSU's season died, the Broncos are slipping, CSU will probably extend their losing streak tomorrow, and this loss just knocked Texas out of the big 12 championship. Ouch. It can't really get much worse. But, there's still good in the situation. At least now I don't have to suffer through one extra game at Nebraska, and the team's showing tons of promise for next year. So is CSU. Its these awful times that make games like the national championship game earlier this year, the Utah/CSU game freshman year, or the CU/CSU game this year so great in perspective. And on top of that this is going to burn the Texas bandwagon effectively giving me my team back out of the hands of all those poser fair weather fans. It still sucks, but in the end, its only game; a game that I will continue to love. Even when it doesn't love me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home