Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Linsey

- One year ago today I lived through the worst day of my life. I remember waking up the morning of the second and for the first time in my life not having the slightest clue what was going to happen or what I was going to do. The emptiness and devastation I felt lying there on my bed choking back tears was foreign to me and its not a feeling that I'll forget any time soon. I couldn't find it in me to get up and go to class like I had done everyday before that yet I couldn't find it in me to just lay there lost in my agony. At the time, I couldn't imagine every experiencing joy or happiness again, yet a year later here I am. I survived. I didn't let myself die with Linsey that night and the person I've become is stronger for the experience.

- A lot has changed since a year ago. The people I talk to and don't talk to have changed, the things I do for fun and my outlook on my future and the world around me have changed. Last November represented a raging forrest fire in my life and, as terrible as it was, I'm glad the experience was mine to encounter instead of someone else's.

- Never forget.

RIP Linsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home