Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Twas the Week After Christmas

- This break is much better than last winter break. And thank God, I was miserable last break. And we even went to Hawaii last time, which was good, I'm not complaining, I just don't think I was prepared for how long I'd be home last year and not even an exotic vacation could save it. This time around I was prepared and a better attitude and better job keeping myself busy helped.

- Christmas was good. It was like Christmas should be. It didn't come too fast, my whole family was home and gift trading time was fun. And the mom made a prime rib that simply melted in my mouth. I was glad that I could be here for it and I'm taking it all cause I know that someday I'm gonna miss my Christmas's at home.

- A lot of my time here as been motivated to discovering new music. And man did I ever hit the jackpot. If you're tired of your music and have a little bit of extra time you should check out Discover America, Porcupine Tree, Mashlin, The Roots, Bus Driver, Martin Sexton, The Weepies, Rocky Votolato, and AHIRO. That covers a pretty wide gamet of music from country to folk to prog rock to indie rap. Its all pretty good stuff. Nothing really gets me quite like finding good music. And the best find of all was one of my favorite songs in the world that not to many other people are familiar with, Ariel Ramirez by Richard Buckner. Not to many people know this song which added to my trouble with finding it. I know Jordan can appreciate it.

Ariel Ramirez
Richard Buckner

Oh, where you lay
Your head tonight
I'll roll away alone
And close on down

Take up your ring
And fly back out
And we'll pretend
Forget we're dead

Yeah, we'll lay it down
When we're all through
When we're killed or cured
And barely heard

Put Ariel on
And smoke away the night
Do the white net crawl
Until the hammers fall

I kept your poem here
With all my other gear
But in the end
I missed what it meant

Oh, where you lay
Your head tonight
I'll roll away alone
And close on down

4 Comments:

Blogger Jordo said...

we'll see ;)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jordo said...

Okay okay. i didnt know it was that song. i bought it. and now i will have to learn it.

I also noticed somthing very important. shouldnt it be "bad twentyage poetry" since november??

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jordo said...

oh and sorry one more thing. i was looking at some of the bands you recommended. martin sexton. well he isnt a band... but i already have a proverbial relationship with his music. what songs do you know of his?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

In the words someone wise once said in a high school play, you think too much.

And as to martin sexton, bound for glory is my current flavor of the month.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home