Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jury Duty

- I'm back in Fort Collins after my Arapahoe County road trip. The census enumerator test went well. I got a 100% on it which heavily bolsters my chances of getting the job in the spring. Jury duty went okay too I guess. There ended up being no cases needing juries today so after two hours after I got to the courthouse everyone was dismissed and I didn't get put on a jury for a trial. This wasn't ideal. I would have preferred to get put on a jury and gotten to miss work the rest of the week but it could have been a lot worse. I didn't have to be there all day and THEN not get put on a jury. If I'm truly honest with myself it's probably for the best that I didn't get selected. With only a month left in my internship and a boss that has been becoming more and more of a ghost, work has gotten a lot less interesting. Missing the rest of the week would have made it real difficult for me to regain my motivation going forward up until Christmas.

- The trip home was much needed. My batteries were drained and my spirits were getting down. It was good to get out of Fort Collins for a little bit. I still love it up here but being out of school, the town has a much smaller hold on me than it used to. I'm growing up and part of that process is letting go bit by bit of everything I refused to before. The trick here is finding the next thing for me to love.

- I'm thankful for my family. I always know I can go to Aurora if I ever just need to get away and recharge. Its nice seeing how we are growing closer together even as we move farther apart. I'm also thankful for Kimbre. We've come a long way in our relationship and we're still learning but it's amazing seeing the ways how we become better friends and closer together everyday.

- And I'm thankful to be alive. Everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home