Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Poker and Polo

- Its been a good last couple of days. I feel the aquaintanceships up here turning into friendships. From the people I've been seeing regularly in class, to the ones I met at the RamWelcome and just from wherever, to the ones living in my hall, I can now call these people my buds and can officially say I've found my niche. It was suprisingly easy. Today was especially fun. The open door policy in our hall makes it easy to find something to do in the down time. About 6 I headed off with Adam to practice for the Water Polo club team. It was fun but man, it kicked my butt. I think Water Polo is one of the most difficult games in the world because you NEVER get a break. And by never I mean, never. You're balancing treading water, without using you're hands by the way, with sprint swimming back and forth along with the change of possesions all the while not trying not to drown despite you're exaustion. So, to be honest, I'm just about ready to die of being tired and sore. But, much like cross country, the high you get after the 2 hour practice is over is worth every second. Plus I get to represent my school and beat CU at a competitive sport. After water polo Adam and I headed back to the dorm and got a poker game going in Kayla's room. I beat on all ins Adam, Kim, Jeff, Bri, and Joel and won it all. It was so much fun.

-Classes are getting a lil more difficult but my hardest is getting easier. Personal computing is the one I'm refering to. I had some technical difficulties getting lab times and the like worked out and the professor, after having to help 1400 kids with similar problems could hardly be described as helpful. I got all the kinks worked out today though and its all downhill from here.

- Kristen got frustrated when she wasn't able to talk to me cuz I was busy in the middle of Poker along with the fact that I had to tell her the bad news that I wasn't going to be able visit her this labor day weekend. I feel bad at how I sorta blew her off. I knew I was acting like a heel but I did anyway. Its ok though. She doesn't seem too mad but knowing girls tells that doesn't mean a heck of a lot of how she really feels about the situation. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Till then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home