Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Free Till Monday

- Look at me posting before 2:00 am. The tone of this post is a litte more postive than the previous series as well because after that last Tuesday night, the other shoe, as expected dropped. Things just started going my way and they haven't stopped since.

- Wednesday was a little tough but my problems weren't much more than nuisances.

- Thursday was probably the best school day of my life. Chemistry, (Thats right, chemistry. The worst class ever invented) was, for the first time, kind of interesting. My teacher took a break from his boring angry rambling to take some time to blow stuff up. After that I headed to American Culture where instead of being lectured at, a blue's guitarist came in and played for us in a way that inspired me and fascinated me and made me not want to leave class for a couple of weeks. Unfortunantly, that had to end so I headed off to Health and Wellness which, to my suprise was only 20 mins long instead of the normal hour and half of looking at genitals infested with STD's I was used to.

- And then Friday came. I got test scores back that made me realize that maybe, in fact, I wasn't going to fail out of college and maybe I could pull off another semester with A's and B's. I even passed my IMP math test and found out I was 8 weeks ahead in the class than I was expected to be. Walking back from the Oval with Jeff after rocking that, the fact that it was the weekend hit me like a load of bricks. And I've got to tell you it felt amazing. It wasn't just the end of a school week. It was the start of sleeping in and playing super nintendo for hours and running around and getting dirty and going to bed at odd hours of the night and on and on. In short, it was the epitome of all the good parts of college. For whatever reason, it took me until this very weekend to realize what the concept of a weekend really means. Its the bad times that make the good times so worth living for. After school and math we all went and played racquetball, something I always enjoy. We had nine people from my group of friends show up and ended up playing some good games and laughing a lot. After racquetball we hung out for a while and the gorgeous weather we've been allowed us to head out at 10 at night and play some good hard sand volleyball. I miss doing that. Its really how I got to know a lot of the people I hang out with regularly now. We watched Final Destination when we got back and I had a good time creeping Jessica out when she was already on edge.

- Saturday was lazy like what Saturday's should be. I slept till about noon and went with Brian and Joel down to the rec center around 1:30 and played basketball with the other 30 guys already down there. I couldn't shoot worth my life but I was moving the ball well getting some good inside drives and I had a really good time meeting some new people. I came back to the dorm after that and played Super Nintendo with Brittany for what must have been a total of 5 hours off and on. Judge me if you will but that was exactly what I wanted to do with my afternoon. We beat the entire game of Mario 2 and most of the first one before we called it a day. The rest of the night everyone just hung out and watched movies and talked and messed around and eventually went to bed.

- Sunday, Jeff, Brittany, and I drove to Greely for a CSU vs. UNC baseball double header. I challenge you to find two people who are easier to spend a Sunday afternoon with. It was amazing. The weather was perfect, about 65 with a light breeze and clear sky's and we just hung out, ate fast food, watched some baseball and laughed a lot. We drove back to the Fort in time for the premiere of the movie Chris, Bri, Issac, Robert, and Britt made for the Rams with Cams competition. They didn't place in the field of the 15 movies that made it to the premiere but the fact that they even made it through such a large field of entries speaks for how good the movie was.

- That brings me to where I am now; recharged and ready for a stressful week of school before spring break. Sorry that I made a laundry list of my weekend and sorry for any errors. I don't want to take the time to proof read right now. Its just that I wanted to show the way that things always have a tendancy to turn around. I knew they were going to and a weekend like this won't do anything but give me hope next time things take a turn for the worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home