Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Next Year

- My plans for next year are falling into place nicely. Adam, Jeff, and I went appartment shopping Tuesday and I for the first time realized that moving out of the dorms is actually a financial possibility. We toured one that all three of us got really excited about. Its a place called the University house and for around 500 a month each we get a fully furnished, huge, appartment with all the bills included in the rent with the exception of gas and electricity which would run around 25 a month. My parents agreed to spot me however much the dorms would cost and I just did a little math and figured that my meal plan alone costs around 400 a month. I'm not sure if they're really gonna spot me the full amount though because they are heavily in favor of me staying in the dorms all four years like they did in college. We're gonna go look at houses today and that excites me. The concept of having a yard and a building of our own is something that I enjoy but houses are more complicated than an apartment in that they have less included and finding a complete deal is rather challenging.

- I also have a job opportunity that has fallen into my lap so I'll be able to pay for the things I'm going to need next year. Its only open to pysch majors, pays 10 dollars an hour, works in the Lory Student Center which means getting to it's gonna be really easy, and its great resume fodder for a career in pyschology if I do end up deciding to pursue it.

- Spring break is a day away and its well timed. Had it been a week earlier I wouldn't have been so excited about the concept and had it been a week later I would have not been able to wait. I've got a couple things going on but its going to be nice to just have a week off to sit around and relax.

- On another note, Taking Back Sunday is comming on tour here the Tuesday after break and me Britt and Brittany got tickets! I'm pumped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home