Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Stillness

- I'm having a tough day. There's something inside of me thats bothering me that I can't do anything about. I just spent an hour reading Tim O' Brians, The Things They Carried out of a sheer boredom that's defined my afternoon despite the fact that its not reading thats going to be required for another couple of weeks. I don't feel the time was wasted at all though as the book hit me hard in a way that I didn't expect. The things he talked about from his experiences to his childhood ideals to courage to youth to life in general reached below what I think and grabbed what I am. He is exactly what I would have been if I had been in his shoes. I hate it yet it fascinates me.

- Quiet by John Mayer is my favorite song in the world. I'm soaking it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home