Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Baby Steps

- Wow, I'm going to be bored to tears this summer. With weekends like this nothing this drab summer is going to bring is going to be good enough. Stupid work. Stupid surgery. I sure hope I at least get to see a lot of everyone.

- Anyway onto the weekend. I have good news everyone. I...




...wait for it...




...I set something up instead of just going along for the ride. Yup. I was sitting in child pysch geting parenting advice from a guy with 3 drug addict children which actually meant I was ignoring him and reading the newspaper and I saw an ad for the local drive in here showing Ice Age 2 and The Benchwarmers in their nightly double feature. I decided that would be fun and I started asking people if they wanted to go and before I knew it a trip to the drive in was set up. I couldn't bieleve it. This was my brain child and it actually ended up being what everyone did. It was a lot of fun beyond the part where I was soaking up how I had actually taken the initiative on something.

- I went to bed after that and got woken up by a phone call from the mom at 8 in the morning telling me I had forgot to come down to Denver to work with dad. I grabbed the car and 4 hours later I was 200 dollars richer and on my way back to Fort Collins. It doesn't get any easier than that.

- I got back in time to hop in another car on the way to the Rockies game. It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone there cheering on the Rockies and then walking around downtown Denver after that.

- Tomorrow is the Mae concert with Brittany and Bri and that'll be the perfect cap to another near perfect weekend. How is my summer supposed to compete with this? Poor summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home