Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A See-Saw of Desires

- The week keeps chuggin along and I'm experiencing some really wierd mixed emotions. Talking to Jordan, Courtney, Jenny, Jared, and the everyone else has really been getting me reared up for the summer. Its going to fun. I think things are going to be different between everyone this summer but different doesn't have to mean bad. Being so far away from each other has really made me appreciate what I have in my friends from home. There's a part of me that can't wait to get home even though my summer won't live up to the standards of last summer.

- But on the other hand there's the part of me that doesn't want leave CSU. This semester's turned casual friendships from last semester into friendships that are in the next level of intimacy. I can count on one hand the number of friends I've made up here that I'm not going to be friends with through the rest of my college career and even the rest of my life. We signed the lease yesterday to the house and its really nice to have that done with. I have a place to live next year and its going to be so much fun, I can't wait. But even though we're all going to see each other a lot next semester, some of the closest of my friends Brittany, Jeff, and Adam are all about an hour drive away and with all of us working over the summer, its going to be a major task to get together and hang out.

- I guess this is a good problem to have. Its much better than going home to nothing and having nothing to look foward to next year. I just want to have my cake and eat it to and I'm gonna have to learn that I should take what I can get and be thankful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home