Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

Basketball, Cars, and Whipped Cream.

- Good times. Basketball with the boys yesterday was, like always, a great time. And tonight Courtney said she had tonight off so I gave Jenny B a call and the three of us made our way to the Chinese Mann (It'll always be the Chinese Mann to me, no matter if the name changed or not) to see Cars. I may be a loser, but it was one of my favorite Pixar movies to date. The opening short film was to die for, the moral of the real movie was one I find incredibly relevant, it had the quirky Pixar since of humor that had me doubling over with jokes I didn't see coming, it had one of my favorite songs of all time, "Life is a Highway" along with an exlusive John Mayer track (I'll probably end up buying the soundtrack) and most beautiful of all was a well placed "Freebird" joke that I'm going to be laughing about for a couple of weeks. And probably the thing that made it the most enjoyable was the company. I find that when I see movies for the first time with people I enjoy being around, I tend to like them a lot more than movies that I see just for the sake of watching a movie. Its a wierd facit of my personality. If I've ever watched a movie with you and found a "new favorite movie", you are probably real good company. Anyway, it was a blast just chillin with C-Train and JB (newly christened nickname, Sharona, make it stick people). After the movie we went to the Sonic I've been going to since I was 11 where I ate a supposed icecream shake that tasted like concentrated whip cream and we just shot the breeze for about an hour and a half about everything from the old days, to how Jon isn't really BLACK black, to college stories, to what makes a person a tool, and on and on. It was fun and it really picked me up. Sometimes all a person needs after a weekend of work is a couple hours with old friends just laughing and enjoying maybe some of the last times we're going to get to hang out. When I'm 40, I'm not going to remember working 4 hours on a busy Monday afternoon. I'm going to remember the good times with good people and the things that, in the end after everything is said and done, are the only things that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home