Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Old School Good Times

- Its good to be home. Sometimes I forget that I did spend my adolescence here and there's a reason that theres always going to be a part of me that misses this place.

- Jordan's back from Texas and man, he's the same old Jordan he always was. Me, him, and Courtney went to my neighborhood pool for some good cheap fun on a hot day and it was a really good time. We were laughing and horsing around and I think we might have irrated some mean looking high school girls with our good times but I'm not in high school anymore and its not part of my contract anymore to look annoyed and self-conscious all the time just because everyone else is. We went to Chipotle after that even though I wasn't really hungry, Chipotle never tastes bad. I went home for about an hour and a half and took a quick siesta before Cliff, Jared, Jordan, Jenny, and Courtney showed up for a night of unplanned good times. We messed around with the DDR pads in the basement for a little bit and sat down to play some board games when we realized nobody was really in the mood for being inside, so we headed off to the park near Fox Hollow and hung out for awhile laughing till I almost fell over at a dizzy Cliff trying to get off a little gravitron ride in the park. After dark we played kick the can for a couple hours until 11. That really took me back about 5 years but it was welcome and suprisingly a great time for a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds. Soft serve icecream at McDonalds after that and a try at a movie that kinda fizzled out due to depressed girlfriends and fatigue.

- These are the good times I'm gonna miss so much about home. The things these people have done for me over the years are priceless and I hope distance won't destroy the bonds. Bed time. I've got work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home