Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Friends + Work = Where I Need to Be

- The summer's going well. I still miss the whole college lifestyle but there's a lot to love here to. Its nice hanging out with home friends again and I need to learn to enjoy this time because after this summer I'm going to see a lot less of them since most of them are staying at thier college towns over the summer like I am due to long leases. I'm so glad Britt, Brittany, and I are making a point to hang out every week cause if we didn't I'd be missing them like crazy and I'd be miserable. I kinda wish I was able to see more of other college people like Jeff, Kim, Adam, and Keri but I'm only beggining to learn how to take the initiative when it comes to hanging out with people and I can't do everything. I hope somebody tries to get the whole gang together sometime this summer but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Sometime mid-July I think I'm gonna try to get everyone together at my house for some kinda get-together but thats still ways a way.

- I interviewed at Fazzolis yesterday and that went really well which gave me a boost in confidence in my ability to find and get jobs. I went in expecting a low level job working the drive in but the boss lady said she really liked my experience and the way I answered the interview questions and she asked me if I was interested in the Associate Manager spot she still had open. It doesn't mean much, just a little bit more pay and a little bit more responsibility but I'd be more than happy. Its not official til Monday when the interviews end but she said I was the top applicant and that I'd be starting training on Tuesday so thats a good thing to hear.

- There are times, though, that I wish I was better at taking the intiative. When opportunites for things I want really bad come along sometimes I find that its difficult for me to take the next step to make them happen. I get complacent and afraid of what could happen if they don't go perfectly and I lose that feeling of hope that someday things might just develop on thier own Unfortunantly a couple times in my past it has just developed like that and it makes taking the risk all that much harder. Such a situation is before me now and I don't want to wait forever but anytime I get ready to take action I reason myself out of it. Something's going to happen over the next couple months and I just hope it goes well and that if it doesn't I won't be destroyed. Sorry to be vauge but I just want to capture the emotional turmoil I'm in without actually taking a real risk and revealing it.

- This week's going to be good. I've got a good feeling about it. And I've decided I think I'm actually going to be able to pay back my dad this summer. Thats real good news. It takes a load off of all the things I was dreading about this summer. On to the adventure that is my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home