Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Friday, June 02, 2006

Who Made up the Acronym C.O.R.E.?

- So it turns out all my worrying was for nothing. I ended up calling work shortly after that post and found out that I had gotten the job. I went to orientation last night and finished all the basic background check and watched a lame hour and a half video on customer service. I've got a new job related concern now and its that my boss doesn't understand that I'm going to be leaving at the end of the summer. Apparently, managers get evaluated every six months and she gave me an example check list of the things they get graded on and at the top she wrote, these are a few of the things you'll be evaluated on in six months. Hmm... Does she know I'm going to be there for three? I put it on my application. I also put on my application I'm a full time student at CSU and you think that'd mean to her that I've gotta head back to the FC at the end of summer. I figure I'm not going to worry about it. Saturday I'm training to be an Associate Trainer and maybe if I still think she doesn't get the big picture I'll let her know before I start the Associate Manager training. I also think part of that is me being somewhat overwhelmed at the quantity of information I'm going to have to learn to become an Associate Manager. I have to be trained in every position in the store and attend several seminars and classes to get certified and its a lot of stuff to learn. I don't think I'd mind it so much if I was planning on sticking around for more than the summer or even if I was planning on comming back to A-Town next summer to pick up where I left off. But I'm not going to worry about it for now. At least I have a job. Having to powerful of a position is a good problem to have.

- This weekend really started off fast after I got back from that. Right after orientation I hopped in a car with Britt and we took off to Westminster to hang out with Brittany. It was a really good time. We didn't do much, just hung out and talked and laughed and watched movies but it was just what I needed. I got back late and went to bed around three and when I woke up again my parents and Jodi were getting ready to go to Body Worlds at the Denver museum. It was ok. It was really crowded and that frustrated me and my attention span doesn't work real well with an exhibit like that but it was good to spend time with the family and there were a couple things that were really interesting.

- The rest of the weekend's gonna be good to. Jordan's back in town and C-Train has the night off so whenever I get a hold of Jordan we're gonna hang out again and that can't be anything but a good time. I work my first official shift be it training tomorrow from noon to five and straight out of that I'm going to dinner with Kim, Jeff, Britt, Kristin, Brittany, and whoever else of the college friends decides to show up. It'll be the first get together with more than two or three of us at a time since the end of the school year so that should be a lot of fun.

- So, all in all, the summer's just picked up pace. Working is gonna give me less time to be bored and before I know it the school year's going to start and, in a way, my adult life is going to begin. Here we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home