Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Friday, June 23, 2006

Sunburnt, Tired, and Right Where I Need to Be

- Water World was fantastic. The large group ended up only five; Austin, Tyler, Cole, Courtney and I but it was a great mix of people and I had an incredible time. I nearly died from laughing more times than I can count. One of my favorite feelings in the entire world is driving back from wherever exhausted and happy thinking about the fun we've just had and how much everyone around me means to me and makes me happy. Its priceless. I'm not going to be young much much longer and I won't have many more opportunities to just decide to screw everything all day some Friday. I'm already noticing how much harder it is to work around people's responsibilities just to hang out and I don't take great days like this for granted.

- The plan after Water World was to head off with Cliff, Jared, and Stephen to Greely for some hang out time but I got back a couple hours to late so they had already headed off and I'm not sure I had energy anyway after spending all day walking in the sun so I've got a night to myself tonight to relax and actually enjoy the benifits of the summer I overlook to often; no hw and warm summer nights for unwinding with my thoughts and my guitar.

- Tomorrow and Sunday I have pleanty to look foward to and afraid next week is going to pale in comparison to this one.

- Days like today force me to bring out old dusty feelings from my years growing up in Aroura and it's wierd but I like it. I'm not sure how to describe it so I won't but I feel alive and distant at the same time. I'm missing out on things that a couple years ago I wouldn't have missed, like the trip to Calgary early August, volunteering at camp late July I think or a 2,000 mile road trip Austin told me about where they're gonna hit up one of my favorite places in the world, Six Flags over Texas. I might try to make that one if I'm doing pretty good financially by then (I'm dreaming I know) but really the point is that while I feel like me and my friends here never have any trouble reconecting and we always find some kind of way to pick things up where we left off, life's pulling me in a different dirrection. My responsibilities are increasing and my carefree adolescent privilages are dissapearing. I don't hate it and I know I have to grow up eventually but I hate that I can't have everything. I hate knowing that even when I do come down from FC next year, probably only half of the people I consider staples in my life will be able to do the same. And its gonna be even more drastic the summer after that. The Ingrams were over at my house when I got back from Water World and Mrs. Beth asked me how my summer was going and if I had gone through summertime blues yet. It was a hard question to answer. In fact, I left it more of less unanswered. I've still got a long way to go till I've got my feet back on the ground and can enjoy a little stability in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home