Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Friends and Music

- Its been a great last couple of days.

- Courtney's last day in Colorado was Monday so, by some miracle, I got Stephen, John, Jana, Jenny B, and Courtney together for some quality fun time. It was an odd group of people in that it was kinda a mixing of several different friends groups that all knew each other. Even so, it was a good mix because it was a good time. Lots of laughs and best of all, it was free. Except the Chipotle. That was worth it though. I need a relapse before I go another couple months of staying Chipotle clean cause I can't afford it.

- After that me, John, and Courtney hopped in Jenny Dull's truck for a trip up to Ponderosa. It was good quality time and I felt like we got a good last C-Train in before she takes off the other side of the country for another year. It was also a lot of fun hanging out with John all day. I keep forgetting that he moved into an apartment in A-Town and that we can hang out with him now with out somebody having to drive 40 miles. We made a point to call each other next time we're not busy and I actually think that we mean it. Not just the typical "Yeah we should hang out" and then never do type of thing.

- Today was great too. I got a phone call from the doctor telling us that they put my surgery back on tomorrow. Probably cause they heard me yelling in the background when my dad told me they reschedualed it. Whatever the reason I'm glad. Its a big relief.

- Tonight, me and Britt headed to Denver to see So They Say play at the Marquis. Well, we get there and it turns out for whatever reason So They Say canceled which kinda put a damper on the things cause it was the only of the four bands I had heard of. But the show was only 8 bucks and we had good feelings about some of the other bands that were playing so we stayed and wow I'm glad we did. Madina Lake was great, definantly sold me to whenever they tour in Colorado again, and Race the Sun had so much energy despite there only being a few die hard fans staying to see them as the last band. It was fun and I'm glad I've got Britt there to drag along to see bands she doesn't really know even when those bands don't show up.

- Surgery tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Its long overdue. I'll be excited to have it done because the sucker has made its presence known over the last couple months and it'll be great to not have it holding me back anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Hooray, Jay! God is good, I'm glad you got your surgery back! I miss you and everyone already, but Boston is as good as ever.
Catch ya later

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home