Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Friday, July 07, 2006

Warning: Whiny Rant

- I'm tired of closing/working night shifts. I know I'm a beggar when it comes to getting hours and I can't be a chooser at the same time but I think I'm a mighty good employee and tonight wasn't the first night that I've saved the store from meltdown when we hit a mega rush and I think I deserve a little more balance in my shifts. Tonight they called me so I came into work when they were 2 men down and I completely caught up back of house while at the same time expediting/helping the kitchen out of the mess they had worked themselves into. I took customer wait time from almost 20 mins to less than five while balancing dish responsibilities and restocking prep items. All on my day off. If I'm this dedicated to a job that pays me chicken scratch, I think the least they can do is offer me reasonable hours meaning I don't have 4 shifts a week, many of them 3 hours long during the night so I get home at that awkward time where doing anything social is out of the question yet I'm not ready to go to bed. I just hate how the way my schedual works out so that I have a ton of time for sitting around and doing nothing where I wish I was making money working yet the times when I should be off and having a blast are the times I'm schedualed to work. And the lack of wiggle room with my work schedual makes things that much more difficult.

- That's my work related vent.

- Otherwise life is ok. Not great. If this was like last summer I'd be in Canada right now living it up with good friends. I know I talk about how I'm having to show a little responsibility instead and that its not all a bad thing but I just have a hard time letting this one go. In reality, its just cause I don't want to cause I'm a big baby. I miss my friends. All of them. CSU friends, home friends, highschool friends, the Brittany's. Its lonely and I don't handle loneliness well.

- Well, if there's one plus side to this job situation its that I get more than enough sleep at night and thats something I'm really looking forward to right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home