Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Music

- Good Music makes me happy.

- I. Love. New. Albums. Especially from bands I already love. It feels just like somebody took your favorite movie and made it longer. Fantastic. And more often than not the new CD's are great. There are the exceptions like the Used's newest CD that was just ok, but a new album is something worth getting excited about and thats a good feeling. I really like where music is going these days. The in trends tend to cater to my tastes.

- My current thoughts will be best displayed in bullet form so here you go:

- I bought (yeah bought, not downloaded) the Early November's new triple CD today and I've fallen in love with them all over again. Thier entire third of the CD set is a story and the moral at the end sent chills down my spine it was so good. Just kinda one of those wow things. They've changed thier style a bit but its good. I like it. They really have a strong connection to memories of mine and this new album feels like they're moving along in my life with me.
- AFI's new CD is amazing. I think I like it more than Sing the Sorrow. I looked again and learned that both The Early November and AFI are gonna be at Warped Tour and it almost makes me upset I'm not gonna be here to fork out the 2o some bucks it was gonna cost.
- Taking Back Sundays new CD is spectacular. They've been making it real big recently and I'm glad. Its nice to see some really good music make the radio and mass culture.
- The Format's new CD came out today and I was gonna buy it but I couldn't find it so I'll just have to wait. After giving thier myspace songs a second chance I've decided its not so bad.
- Dashboard's new CD is ok. He gets whinier ever album and for some odd reason, even more popular. I like the hit on the album, Don't Wait. I think everyone does though. It was marketed so hard that if it wasn't a success than somebody would be ruined.
- Death Cab is overrated. Good but not amazing. There are better bands that should be more famous.
- Spill Canvas still does it for me. I heard one of their songs in the background of an MTV show today and I don't know how I feel about that. I'm almost glad Spill Canvas isn't playing the Denver date of Warped Tour cause then I'd have no choice but to completly rearange my summer to go.
- Atmosphere makes me feel gansta. Kinda lame since hes half white.
- I still like Jazz. A lot. It does good things for me. I learned this when I was sick of the few CD's I have in the car on the way to work and put it on KUVO and fell right back into the grove. I can really appreciate the art aspect of the music that extends beyond catchiness and into the soul.
- Copeland has also made me feel good recently. Girly I know, but its good.
- Idiot Pilot is my new flavor of the month. Kinda wierd and if you don't like screaming than its not for you. I like it a lot though.
- I almost bought the John Mayer Try! cd today to but responsibility got the best of me I let it go. 15 effin dollars and most of the songs I already had.
- Matchbook Romance never gets old for me now. I like Voices more every time I listen to it. Kinda wierd since I wasn't crazy about them the first time I heard it.

- Those are scattered thoughts from music that I've been messing with recently. Ahh. Afternoon well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Copeland makes me feel good too :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home