Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Snowman Diet

- I woke up this Sunday morning to my mother telling me church was canceled. This was really something to me because I haven't missed a Sunday in the longest time, especially when I was still in town. Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I stayed home on a Sunday morning. Its just something I don't do. I enjoy going to church, don't get me wrong, but missing it didn't bother me to much. I was really looking foward to discussing what we've read this week in our quiet times in Sunday School and the fellowship and worship of the rest of the morning will be noticably absent from my week, but the combination of a comfortable blanket of snow and beautiful grey skys convinced me it wouldn't be so bad. Now that I think about it, I'm going to miss all church activites this week because I'll be in Boston Tuesday through Thursday.

- On that subject, I'm getting pretty pumped. It'll be an easy, kinda unfair way to fulfill the adventure goal considering its somewhere I've never been, and traveling is something that, though I wish I could do it more often, I don't find myself doing a bunch of. I love the east coast in general and doing a little bit of exploring in the Northeast will do me good. I hoped to get to see a Red Sox game but it turns out they are all sold out for the entire season. Thats alright, Courtney tells me theres a lot of other stuff to do and I'm pretty easily entertained. Courtney's always right.

- So this snow is really getting my spirits up. I could be having the worst day in the world and all it'd take to calm me down is to look outside and see snow gently falling on a previously dry and dim landscape. That and when it snows outside I don't have to work until it melts. I hope it keeps going. I wouldn't mind a day off from school by any measure.

- I was hanging out with the boys last night and I was riding with Cliff when he dropped the bomb. He and Shanna are no longer dating. Good lord. They've been dating for four years and if I had to place money on it, I would have guessed that they would have made it. Man, it made me feel terrible. It turns out it was her choice to do it. Cliff was taking it well, but there was no doubt he was hurting. I feel so bad for him. Hes like a brother to me. Theres no doubt he won't have trouble getting another girlfriend as he showed me a handful of phone numbers he had gotten from girls at a party, but he's such a loyal and trustworthy guy and he loved Shanna a lot. Shes really losing out.

- You know, there are times when I really feel childish. Sure, I bieleve that staying young in spirit is critical for me to personally enjoy life. I've found in my life the times that are the roughest for me are the ones I try to approach without the faith and joy of a child in my heart. Its just, sometimes I feel its selfish. I feel like I can't really be there for others when they need me the most. I'm not saying I don't think I can be serious, its just sometimes the best intentions in life are the same ones that screw everything up. Its really difficult to explain and may be a product of the weather and my day thats just leaving me with too much to think about.

Well thats about it for now. Jay, Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home